The Jesmond Women’s Institute was opened officially in February 2014, after an exploratory meeting in January 2014. With a monthly growing membership, the Jesmond WI is a modern voice for today’s woman.
Meetings are held on the third Monday of each month at 7.30pm in St Georges Church Hall, NE2 2EF
To get in touch, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is some information from the WI, where more information can be found by clicking here.
BENEFITS OF JOINING A WI:
- Get to know like-minded women in your community
- Membership of your WI and access to county/island federation and national events
- At least 11 monthly WI meetings plus the opportunity to take part in any additional events, trips, clubs and activities your WI may run
- 8 issues a year of the WI membership magazine, WI Life
- **Exclusive to Jesmond WI – the Membership Discount Card – offering discounts at many popular local businesses in the North East
- Regular newsletters and mailings to keep you up-to-date with all the news and events from your federation and the NFWI
- Have your voice heard – make a real impact on local, national and international issues
- Opportunities to learn, develop and pass on new skills
- Be a part of something special, the WI is the largest voluntary women’s organisation in the UK
- Use your membership discount on a wide variety of courses at Denman, the WI’s own residential college in Oxfordshire, www.denman.org.uk